EcO calibration kit
The iopool calibration kit is a set of buffer solutions, which allow you to accurately calibrate the pH and ORP sensors of your EcO Smart Monitor.
- 1x pH 4.00 calibration solution (0.7 oz / 20ml)
- 1x pH 7.00 calibration solution (0.7 oz / 20ml)
- 1x OPR +468mV calibration solution (0.7 oz / 20ml)
Calibrating the EcO allows the analyzer to adjust to wear and tear on the electrochemical probe and thus take more accurate measurements, longer.
When to calibrate your EcO?
- There is no need to calibrate before first use.
- From the second season on, it is recommended to calibrate at the beginning of each season.
NB: If your Eco is never winterized (indoor pool, spa, Nordic bath,...), we advise you to calibrate every year.
How to perform the calibration?
- Take the EcO out of the water, remove the silicone cap, and rinse the sensor with clean water.
- In the iopool app, go to "My pool/spa > Devices > EcO" press "Calibrate my EcO" and follow the steps in the application carefully.
- Once the calibration is complete, replace the silicone cap in the test position and put the EcO back in the pool or spa.
The packages of calibration fluid was too small and barely covered the probe sensors. I used very small disposable cups barely bigger than the probe. The Ph 7 packet was too low. The application on the phone had to be restarted MANY times to get the process to complete as well. It's still not accurately reading the right Bromine levels (too low).
The calibration kit is wonderful. And the app walks you through it very well. But the shipping is ridiculous. It probably weighs less than 2 oz. The cost for shipping it is unreasonable.
It corrected my readings to match test strips.
My iopool monitor had not worked correctly since the day I bought it, and I have not been able to get any service. Finally, the specs went so out that they offered the calibration kit. And presto it worked.
The calibration matched up with my pool store readings
Took 10 days to receive, these days, that’s a long time. Expensive, too.